Enrolment for Veterinary Medicine in English
The offer displayed on this page is limited to the selected registration. If you want to see the rest of the offer, select a different registration.
Veterinary medicine is a set of knowledge, skills and competencies which are required to work as veterinary doctor. It is a compilation of basic and preclinical sciences which gives the graduates general knowledge regarding the functioning of the living organisms and clinic sciences providing detailed knowledge about animal diseases, their treatment, prevention of diseases. The curriculum also includes knowledge of issues connected with public health, food safety, agriculture sciences regarding animal production, agronomy and production of animal nutrition, social sciences providing correct ethic level of veterinary doctor. The graduate can be employed in veterinary clinics, pharmaceutical industry, research sector even regarding human medicine, supervision institution, diagnostic labs, institution dealing with animal breeding and rising as well as in food industry. Veterinary Medicine at the University of Warmia and Mazury has nearly 50-year tradition. It’s been accredited by the European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education (EAEVE) since 2005. The accreditation certifies the highest quality of education, in line with EU requirements.
Information about the program
Field of study: Veterinary Medicine
Language of instruction: English
Award: DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine), degree's EU recognition
Accreditation: ECOVE 2013, 2022
Duration of the studies: 5.5-years (11 semesters)
Form of studies: full-time
Cost of studies: 21 190 PLN / semester
Table of contents
- "Secondary School Leaving Certificate" Candidates
- European Baccalaureate (EB) Candidates
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme Candidates
- Candidates admitted to the studies
Rules of candidates registration
- To start the qualification procedure every candidate has to register with the use of IRK system.
- The Registration becomes binding when the following conditions are met:
- the candidate has to enter all necessary data and select the field of study he/she wants to register for
- the candidate has to make the payment of recruitment fee and has to receive the University confirmation, that the payment has been credited to the University's bank account
- the candidate has to submit to the University Admission Committee his/her Secondary School Leaving Certificate (High School Diploma). The Certificate has to prove, that the candidate has the right to start the studies at the University level in the country where the Secondary School Leaving Certificate was issued*
- the candidate has to submit to the University Admission Committee the IB Diploma or EB Diploma or a Certificate of predicted results (applies only to candidates with IB or EB Diploma)*
* at the time of internet registration data on Secondary School Leaving Certificate can be implemented based on predicted score values. Original documents can be submitted after being issued by the school
3. In the event of failure to submit the above mentioned documents, the registration will be ineffective and will not have any legal effects. The registration and the application for studies will be left without consideration.
4. The candidate bears the consequences of incorrectly filled fields of the application form as well as not filling them out or providing false information.
5. The candidate is obligated to keep the password to his/her personal IRK account secret. The University is not responsible for the consequences of sharing the password to any third parties, in particular for any changes of entries authorized by this password.
All further steps including required documents will be announced to the candidates by the Admission Committee.
Address of the Admission Committee of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine:
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine – English Division
ul. Oczapowskiego 14
tel. +48 89 523 34 40
The admission of the candidate is based on the entrance exams (on-line interview) in BIOLOGY and CHEMISTRY. The language of the exam is English.
The admission of an EB candidate is based only on the number of points obtained during the secondary school leaving examination (matriculation), whose result is specified in the EB (minimum score -60 points) is multiplied by the factor of 6.0. The converted result shall rank the candidate in the competition (ranking) of the secondary school leaving certificates. Candidates with an EB are required to submit to the University Admission Committee a statement/certificate of his/her result issued by authorized bodies latest by June 30th, 2023, until 15:00.
The admission of an IB Diploma candidate is based only on the number of points obtained during the secondary school leaving examination (matriculation), whose result is specified in the IB diploma (minimum score - 24 points) is multiplied by the factor of 13.33. The converted result shall rank the candidate in the competition (ranking) of the secondary school leaving certificates. Candidates with a IB Diploma are required to submit to the University Admission Committee a statement/certificate of his/her result issued by authorized bodies latest by June 30th, 2023, until 15:00.
The Candidates that are admitted to the veterinary medicine studies will receive UWM OFFER LETTERS including information on further steps, to confirm their place at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.